Remove Google Apps from Android?

PBAJ

Mar 30, 2023, 9:52:08 AM3/30/23

Can the following apps be removed from Android?

- YouTube
- Chrome
- Maps
- GMail

Thanks.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 30, 2023, 10:44:48 AM3/30/23
Off the top of my head, yes, if rooted. Kind of sort of yes, if not rooted.
Usually you can delete Google apps with adb, as shown below for Chrome.
*C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome*

That's my short answer, which Carlos has asked me to be succinct.
Below is my longer answer, which is NOT succinct (or well organized).

A lot may depend on your Android version, phone make & model
(e.g., Samsung usually adds Knox while other phones don't,
and Pixels are different too) but the adb method "should" work.

However... you want to approach deleting Google apps in a sane manner.

First thing I'd do is install a FOSS replacement for each Google app.
- YouTube => NewPipe (much better YouTube client in almost every way)
- Chrome => Ungoogled Chromium (same as Chrome but older & without Google)
- Maps => OSMAnd+ (not as good as Google Maps, but almost as good)
- GMail => FairEmail (privacy aware & doesn't create an account)

And then I'd do these three things to the original Google app:
1. I'd first force stop it
2. Then I'd disable it
3. And lastly, I'd try to delete it on Android or better yet, with adb:
Here's how to delete the default Chrome without needing to be rooted.
C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome
4. Worst case, if you can't delete it, you can remove it from the homescreen
5. And, if you really don't want it showing up, hide it from the app drawer
6. Finally, firewall Google apps from access to the Internet
7. (There are firebase things you can also do that I do)
<https://i.postimg.cc/Fs8GDLfX/firebase01.jpg> Clear Firebase app indexes
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtfJ59LP/firebase02.jpg> Firebase indexed app data
<https://i.postimg.cc/KvCkLccr/firebase03.jpg> Firebase location tracking

Bear in mind there is never a need to set your phone to a Google Account.
<https://i.postimg.cc/Bnyr9fP1/account01.jpg> Works better w/o Google
<https://i.postimg.cc/NG5pHyBx/aurora10.jpg> No need for a Google Account

Here are the links to the Google FOSS replacements you need first.
- YouTube
*NewPipe* by Schabi (FOSS YouTube client)
<https://newpipe.net/>
<https://f-droid.org/packages/org.schabi.newpipe/>
<https://f-droid.org/repo/org.schabi.newpipe_992.apk>
<https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe>
<https://i.postimg.cc/g0wQpDwx/newpipe01.jpg> Replace YouTube with NewPipe
<https://i.postimg.cc/2yYK4N0W/newpipe02.jpg> Picture in Picture
<https://i.postimg.cc/90BNbgkn/newpipe03.jpg> Allow overlay display
<https://i.postimg.cc/J4h8nWFy/newpipe04.jpg> Stop & Disable YouTube
<https://i.postimg.cc/rw4cxNNx/newpipe05.jpg> Block & Firewall YouTube

- Chrome
*Ungoogled Chromium*
<https://uc.droidware.info/>
<https://uc.droidware.info/fdroid.html> Adds the repo to the F-Droid app
<https://beebom.com/how-install-ungoogled-chromium/>
<https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium-android>
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/UiGff11AV6o/m/1yyhk5h-AAAJ>
<https://uc.droidware.info/release/Ungoogled-Chromium/TrichromeChrome/TrichromeChrome_arm64.apk>
<https://www.malavida.com/en/soft/ungoogled-chromium/android/>
<https://i.postimg.cc/zGD6rfMC/ungoogledchromium01.jpg> Chrome versions

- Maps
*OsmAnd+ Maps & GPS Offline by OsmAnd, FOSS
<https://f-droid.org/repo/net.osmand.plus_431203.apk>
<https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.osmand.plus/>
<https://github.com/osmandapp/OsmAnd>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand.plus>
<https://www.amazon.com/OsmAnd-Maps-Navigation/dp/B00D0SA8I8>
<https://i.postimg.cc/k440PXgJ/osmand01.jpg> OSMAnd+ manual map updates

- GMail
*FairEmail*, privacy aware email by Marcel Bokhorst, FairCode BV, FOSS
Free, ad free, gsf free, 4.6 star, 24.3K reviews, 500K+ Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.faircode.email>
<https://email.faircode.eu/>
<https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases>
<https://f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.faircode.email/>
<https://www.xda-developers.com/fairemail-email-app-privacy-conscious-android/>
<https://www.xda-developers.com/fairemail-open-source-privacy-friendly-email/>
<https://i.postimg.cc/Jz0TvyKQ/fairemail01.jpg> FairEmail auth options
<https://i.postimg.cc/YqWvzF4W/fairemail02.jpg> Android OTP options
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhHFRK3L/fairemail03.jpg> web-OAuth example

Once you install, set up & test these FOSS replacements, then you can
force stop & disable the Google equivalents (sometimes they can be removed).
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to faithfully find FOSS Google app replacements.

VanguardLH

Mar 30, 2023, 1:04:58 PM3/30/23
Are you willing to root your phone which means replacing the OS from
Google (and customized by your phone maker) with an OS from someone else
(that you don't know)? Once rooted, you'll have all permissions to do
anything you want on your phone. I don't root my phones. Only 1 is in
use at a time, so it is my critical phone (and only phone), and I don't
want to chance turning it into a door stop. My old phones get cleaned
up, and used for emergencies, like leaving one in the car to dial 911.
My phone maker bundled some "Email" app that I never use. Can't
uninstall it, just disable it. I cannot even disable the bundled
(forced) Gmail app, so I disable all its notifications. The accounts it
lists are actually stored in the OS, so I don't delete them; else,
they'd disappear from other apps, too. So, I consider it a backup email
client that doesn't nuisance me with notification unless I later decide
whatever I'm using as an email client doesn't work, and I need a
temporary one until I decide what to use next. I don't do Youtube on my
phone. Cannot uninstall it, but it sits forlorn unused with its
notifications, if any, disabled in its OS settings. I do use the Google
Assistant (most with voice commands), so I haven't disabled the
non-uninstalled Chrome. Besides, I suspect if Chrome is killed that
Google Assistant (I thinks that's the non-uninstalled "Google" app in
the Apps list) would also gets killed.

You could simply not use those apps. Or, you could disable them. If
storage space is so tight that you are thinking of deleting those apps
to get more storage space, that would only be a very temporary cure. If
you could delete them, it wouldn't be long until you were back to the
storage shortage problem again. You could move your data from main
storage to an SD card, and some apps, like Camera, can be configured to
store, by default, to the SD card. Not only can some apps default to
storing the data to the SD card, but some can partially move some of
their app space to the SD card (the executable portion has to remain in
main storage). Go into Android settings -> Apps (or whatever is the
navpath to get to apps in the Android settings for your phone) to visit
each app, and look at their storage setup. You might be able to move
some portion of the apps to the SD card, and configure them to store to
the SD card by default.

For examples, I have Adobe Acrobat installed. In Settings -> Apps ->
Adobe Acrobat -> Storage, I could configure it to reside partially on
the SD card. The Space Used info will indicate how much is left in main
storage, and how much got moved to the SD card. It is up to the app to
decide if it will function properaly when split across volumes. For the
Camera app (that came bundled on the phone), it instead has to remain
wholly in main storage, but its settings let you configure it to store
pics and videos in main or SD storage, so I have it use the SD card.
Alas, on every cold boot of the OS, it forgets that settings, but I get
asked on starting the Camera app if I want to use SD storage (just once
after a cold boot until the next time I power down the phone).

You could root your phone to have permissions to do anything, like
uninstall the normally non-uninstalled apps. I haven't been impelled to
do so, because the workarounds are more than sufficient for me (store
data on the SD card, configure Storage for some apps to partially reside
on the SD card, configure the apps to store to the SD card). You could
incorporate the SD card into main storage by using Adoptable Storage,
but I recommend against it. You are appending slow storage to fast
storage, so, at some point, some apps will run intermittently fast or
slow. The SD card also gets formatted (you lose everything currently
there) and then encrypted (can thereafter be used only on that phone) to
meld its storage into main storage. An online search on "android
adoptable storage" will give you more information. Add your phone brand
and model to the search to focus on how to do it on your phone.

Apps sitting in main storage that are unused are not doing anything.
They don't consume CPU cycles nor occupy memory. Just don't touch them.
Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Doctor: Don't do that. If
main storage space is getting tight, probably time to reconsider which
of all those apps you installed that you really need, and prune out the
dross of old apps you never touch (and can be uninstalled). If all
those user-installed apps are so critical to the use of your phone, but
you're still short on main storage, get the biggest SD card your phone
will support, and go into Android settings -> General -> Apps, and
configure the Storage for those apps that can be split across main and
SD storage, and go into your apps to see which have settings to decide
where to store their data, like switching to the SD card. And if even
that is not enough, then look into using Adoptable Storage.

If you decide to go the rooting route, I'd suggest you spend lots of
time educating yourself before committing to that solution. All the
hand holding is removed, and you can do anything to your phone,
including brick it. Would you rebuild your car's engine without
training? Also, you'd have better have another phone to use and become
your primary phone should you screw up rooting your primary phone, and
perhaps currently your only phone.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 30, 2023, 1:46:14 PM3/30/23
VanguardLH wrote:

> If you decide to go the rooting route, I'd suggest you spend lots of
> time educating yourself before committing to that solution.

I know VanguardLH means well, just as Steve means well, but both of them
filter out facts so they are, in effect, ignorant people who become stupid.

The problem with Vanguard's response is that it's wrong.
I really don't care that VanguardLH is ignorant because he filters facts.

What I care about (is as a result) VanguardLH provides very bad advice.
A lot.

Just like Steve does, VanguardLH filters out a lot of facts which are
discussed in gory detail on this newsgroup. And that's his own choice.

However... as a direct result of his own filtering actions...

What VanguardLH is ignorant of is information we've covered many times.
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/uninstall-bloatwares-no-root.4321387/>

Whether Vanguard wishes to remain ignorant (by filtering out facts) and
hence, whether or not VanguardLH wants to become stupid over time is his
own choice. He's welcome to filter out all facts. I don't care about him.

What I care about is as a result, VanguardLH always gives very bad advice.

The fact is it has been shown _many times_ on this newsgroup that you do
NOT need to be rooted to delete most Google apps (if not all Google apps).

For example this worked on my phone without it needing to be rooted:
C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome
or, for example:
C:\> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.chrome

You can tell when it's removed from the user list of packages using this:
C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr chrom
Will prove that the package is gone from the user list

However, there is a catch:
"This works because applications truly aren't fully uninstalled
from your device. They are just being uninstalled for the current user
(user 0 is the default/main user of the phone). That's why, if you omit
the --user 0 and -k part of the uninstall command, the command won't
work. These two flags respectively specify the system app will
only be uninstalled for the current user (and not all users,
which is something that requires root access) and that the
cache/data of the system application will be preserved
(which can't be removed without root). Therefore, even if you
uninstall a system app using this method, you can still receive
official OTA updates from your carrier or OEM."
� <https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/>

See also:
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70024147/difference-between-adb-uninstall-and-adb-uninstall-user-0>

mike

Mar 30, 2023, 2:03:28 PM3/30/23
Thank you vanguard for this useful advice to run those adb commands
which instantly deleted Chrome, YouTube & GMail from my unrooted Android.

adb shell pm list packages | findstr com.google.android
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.chrome
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.gm
adb shell pm list packages | findstr com.google.android

I didn't try it on Google Maps because that's one app I do use.
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.maps

micky

Mar 30, 2023, 9:51:28 PM3/30/23
In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:52:06 -0400, PBAJ
Why don't you like them / want them?

Why not just ignore them?

>Thanks.

Joerg Lorenz

Mar 31, 2023, 1:55:23 AM3/31/23
Am 31.03.23 um 03:51 schrieb micky:
Because Google is evil and perhaps they try to spy on the OP.

Seriously: Removing all icons from the home screen and withdrawing all
rights should fix the issue if rooting the phone is not an option.
The default app for certain datatypes should also be checked and adjusted.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

PBAJ

Mar 31, 2023, 9:33:20 AM3/31/23
On 2023-03-30 21:51, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:52:06 -0400, PBAJ
> <pers...@backoffice.org> wrote:
>

>> Can the following apps be removed from Android?
>>
>> - YouTube
>> - Chrome
>> - Maps
>> - GMail
>
> Why don't you like them / want them?

That is my business.

> Why not just ignore them?

Clutter.

PBAJ

Mar 31, 2023, 9:34:48 AM3/31/23
On 2023-03-30 14:03, mike wrote:
>> VanguardLH wrote:

<S>
>> <https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/>
>>
>> See also:
>> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70024147/difference-between-adb-uninstall-and-adb-uninstall-user-0>
>
> Thank you vanguard for this useful advice to run those adb commands
> which instantly deleted Chrome, YouTube & GMail from my unrooted Android.
>
> adb shell pm list packages | findstr com.google.android
> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.chrome
> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.youtube
> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.gm
> adb shell pm list packages | findstr com.google.android
>
> I didn't try it on Google Maps because that's one app I do use.
> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.apps.maps

Thanks - I need to understand this better before I proceed.

VanguardLH

Mar 31, 2023, 10:00:24 AM3/31/23
PBAJ <pers...@backoffice.org> wrote:

> micky wrote:
>
>> Why not just ignore them?
>
> Clutter.

Besides removing the shortcuts on the screens (or in groups on the
screens), about the only other place you'll find the apps is in the App
Drawer, but you can elect to hide them there, too.

Nic

Mar 31, 2023, 10:51:56 AM3/31/23
VanguardLH wrote:

> Besides removing the shortcuts on the screens (or in groups on the
> screens), about the only other place you'll find the apps is in the App
> Drawer, but you can elect to hide them there, too.

Why not "uninstall" using adb (as was already explained in this thread)?

adb shell pm list packages | findstr com.google.android
adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.{chrome,youtube,gm,apps.maps}

sms

Mar 31, 2023, 10:54:26 AM3/31/23
There are two ways to do this, neither of which require rooting. One
requires that you hook the phone up to a computer and use ADB (Android
DeBug). One requires an Android App "LADB" (Local ADB Shell) from the
Play Store that costs $2.99.

I went ahead and added this to the document as 220a on page 109, see
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/edit#bookmark=id.s73sxv41saad>
(wait a few seconds for the document to load and for it to get to the
bookmark).

I haven't tried to remove and of the apps you mention though, I've only
ever removed true "Bloatware."

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

CDB

Mar 31, 2023, 11:52:37 AM3/31/23
On 3/31/2023 10:54 AM, sms wrote:

> There are two ways to do this, neither of which require rooting. One
> requires that you hook the phone up to a computer and use ADB (Android
> DeBug). One requires an Android App "LADB" (Local ADB Shell) from the
> Play Store that costs $2.99.
>
> I went ahead and added this to the document as 220a on page 109, see
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JznrWfGJDA8CYVfjSnPTwfVy8-gAC0kPyaApuJTcUNE/edit#bookmark=id.s73sxv41saad>
> (wait a few seconds for the document to load and for it to get to the
> bookmark).
>
> I haven't tried to remove and of the apps you mention though, I've only
> ever removed true "Bloatware."

Are you trying to sound smart by rehashing what was said 5 times already?

Two things are very incorrect in your post above, both of which were
discussed in this newsgroup so there is no excuse for your bad advice.

The first & most important is that the real ladb app has always been free.

People might copy the source code and then ask for money but paying for
what the developer provided for free is usually only rewarding the thieves.

The second is that the commands were already discussed like five times
already so why repeat what is already better said without your ladb errors?

VanguardLH

Mar 31, 2023, 2:48:02 PM3/31/23
As you can plainly see, Burnelli is highly rude and extremely arrogant.
Yes, there might be a non-root method, but I didn't find when searching.
Also, because of Burnelli holier-than-thou attitude, I filter him out,
so normally I won't see his solutions. He also posts using Bastard
Operator From Hell (paganini.bofh). Anyone declaring themself an
asshole, or conveying messages through someone declaring themself an
asshole, gets filtered. We have an asshole posting through an asshole.
No thanks.

If this topic was covered so many times as Burnelli claims, *others*
would've mentioned the ADB method, and I would've seen their replies. I
don't reside over in the xda-developers forums. Maybe Burnelli does. I
certainly don't recall all those "many times" discussions HERE.

Interesting that Burnelli modifies his solution with the "catch". The
xda forum thread Burnelli noted mentions something I thought would be a
gotcha: removing the Google app means losing something (Google Voice
typing). Hope those using the ADB method don't accidentally specify the
wrong package name. There's no undo. Still, it's safer than rooting.

Hmm, wonder what happens if you need to reset your phone. Wouldn't all
those bundled apps you uninstalled before end up returning? So, keep
notes on all the ADB commands you did.

The OP never divulged just why he wants to remove some apps other than
mentioning "clutter". Well, deleting shortcuts in screens (or within
groups) and even hiding them in the Apps Folder suffices for removing
clutter for unused apps that are normally non-uninstallable. The ADB
scheme goes beyond just de-cluttering the OP's phone.

VanguardLH

Mar 31, 2023, 2:52:27 PM3/31/23
mike <th...@address.is.invalid> wrote:

>> VanguardLH wrote:
>>
>>> If you decide to go the rooting route, I'd suggest you spend lots of
>>> time educating yourself before committing to that solution.

<snipped the holier-than-thou diatribe of Andy not liking VanguardLH>
but he did mention:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/uninstall-bloatwares-no-root.4321387/

>> For example this worked on my phone without it needing to be rooted:
>> C:\> adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.android.chrome
>> or, for example:
>> C:\> adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.chrome
>>
>> You can tell when it's removed from the user list of packages using this:
>> C:\> adb shell pm list packages | findstr chrom
>> Will prove that the package is gone from the user list
>>
>> However, there is a catch:
>> "This works because applications truly aren't fully uninstalled
>> from your device. They are just being uninstalled for the current user
>> (user 0 is the default/main user of the phone). That's why, if you omit
>> the --user 0 and -k part of the uninstall command, the command won't
>> work. These two flags respectively specify the system app will
>> only be uninstalled for the current user (and not all users,
>> which is something that requires root access) and that the
>> cache/data of the system application will be preserved
>> (which can't be removed without root). Therefore, even if you
>> uninstall a system app using this method, you can still receive
>> official OTA updates from your carrier or OEM."
>> <https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/>
>>
>> See also:
>> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/70024147/difference-between-adb-uninstall-and-adb-uninstall-user-0>
>
> Thank you vanguard for this useful advice to run those adb commands

No, that advice came from Andy Burnelli who got it from the XDA forums.

VanguardLH

Mar 31, 2023, 3:35:13 PM3/31/23
CDB <belle...@gmail.com> wrote:

> sms wrote:
>
>> There are two ways to do this, neither of which require rooting. One
>> requires that you hook the phone up to a computer and use ADB
>> (Android DeBug). One requires an Android App "LADB" (Local ADB
>> Shell) from the Play Store that costs $2.99.
>
> Are you trying to sound smart by rehashing what was said 5 times
> already?

5 times in THIS thread? I see Andy mentioned ADB twice, so that counts
as 1 poster. Nic was too late: only 2 minutes after sms posted, so you
don't know if Nic's post showed up when sms composed his reply.

> Two things are very incorrect in your post above, both of which were
> discussed in this newsgroup so there is no excuse for your bad
> advice.
>
> The first & most important is that the real ladb app has always been
> free.
>
> People might copy the source code and then ask for money but paying for
> what the developer provided for free is usually only rewarding the thieves.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.draco.ladb
$2.99

Oh, so this must not be the "real" app. From where did you get the app
for free (zero price)? That the app's project is at Github:

https://github.com/tytydraco/LADB

does not make it freeware. Github is for open sourceware. No mandate
it must be free (regarding cost). It's a place for OSS (Open Source
Software). Projects are not forced to be FOSS (Free Open Source
Software). The source code is free (no cost to obtain), but the
packaged product might not be.

https://github.com/tytydraco/LADB/blob/main/LICENSE
"When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
them if you wish), ..."

Whether the original author or someone that forked the code, they can
charge a fee. Their choice. Not yours. In this case, tytydraco who is
the Github project owner is the author, and he asks $2.99. Apparently
he does not force payment to obtain his app and to use it. However, if
you get his app through the Play Store, there is no trial or free
version, so you have to click on the "$2.99 Buy" button. To get it
without paying for it probably means you retrieved it from Github;
however, I did not see an .apk file at the Github project.

Where did you get the .apk for LADB?

Andy Burnelli

Mar 31, 2023, 3:45:15 PM3/31/23
VanguardLH wrote:

> As you can plainly see, Burnelli is highly rude and extremely arrogant.

Hi VanguardLH,
You are the one giving BAD ADVICE which is dead wrong, which is what I care
about, not your feelings or my feelings. I don't want you (or Steve) giving
wrong advice to everyone when the REASON you're wrong is you don't read.

> Yes, there might be a non-root method, but I didn't find when searching.

Wrong. Dead wrong. I can't tell you how many times we discussed this.
You first filter out all facts and then you claim you can't find them.

> Also, because of Burnelli holier-than-thou attitude, I filter him out,
> so normally I won't see his solutions.

Idiot. They are not "my solutions" you imbecile.
This isn't personal.

This is about you filtering out all facts (which is fine); but then you
constantly give your ignorant "advice" to poor hapless innocent victims.

It should be clear it's not YOU I care about.
It's them.

> He also posts using Bastard
> Operator From Hell (paganini.bofh).

WTF? What does the server have to do with anything?
Do you even know what happened to Paolo Amaroso?

If you do not know, then stop proving to be ignorant of facts everyone else
is extremely well aware of since it's been discussed for months on end.

< Anyone declaring themself an
> asshole, or conveying messages through someone declaring themself an
> asshole, gets filtered. We have an asshole posting through an asshole.
> No thanks.

You don't even make sense in _how_ you filter out all facts, Vanguard.
It's a server. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The "name" they give their server is somehow, meaningful to you, in ways
that only a racist could imagine, Vanguard.

Jesus Christ. What's next? You're going to attack me based on my mother's
maiden name? Or the name of my cat? Or my favorite food? What's next?

Remember, I know you extremely well. You're a racist throughout.
I know that. I've said that many times. Just like Mayayana is a racist.

By basing your entire belief system on a name that I have absolutely no
control over, you just proved me right about you being a die-hard racist.

Again.

> If this topic was covered so many times as Burnelli claims, *others*
> would've mentioned the ADB method, and I would've seen their replies. I
> don't reside over in the xda-developers forums. Maybe Burnelli does. I
> certainly don't recall all those "many times" discussions HERE.

Jesus Christ, Vanguard. Run a search for once before you spout bullshit.
Again, I don't care about you. I care about others.

Specifically, your advice is dead wrong because you filter out all facts.

> Interesting that Burnelli modifies his solution with the "catch". The
> xda forum thread Burnelli noted mentions something I thought would be a
> gotcha: removing the Google app means losing something (Google Voice
> typing). Hope those using the ADB method don't accidentally specify the
> wrong package name. There's no undo. Still, it's safer than rooting.

Idiot. You filtered out the fact that I opened an entire thread on that!
*For experts only - what exactly remains after you've deleted*
*Google apps using adb on the PC without being rooted on Android?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/CASmcVqVmCg>

All you care about is filtering out facts.
Meanwhile, all I care about is obtaining the facts.

We're two completely different beasts, Vanguard.
I know you mean well. I truly do. I don't think you're mean spirited.

I just think you're stupid.
And again, I don't care that you're stupid.

I care that you are filtering out facts to the point that you bestow your
stupidity onto others. That's the only thing I care about Vanguard.

Let me make it extremely clear that I am aware you filter out all facts.
And I don't care about that.

What I care about is, as a result of you (and Steve) filtering out all
facts, almost everything you tell others is almost always dead wrong.

That's what I care about.
Them. Not you.

I don't want you giving dead wrong advice.
Especially since all your bad advice is a direct result of your filtering.

> Hmm, wonder what happens if you need to reset your phone. Wouldn't all
> those bundled apps you uninstalled before end up returning? So, keep
> notes on all the ADB commands you did.

If you truly "wonder" about that, then please post to the thread on that.
*For experts only - what exactly remains after you've deleted*
*Google apps using adb on the PC without being rooted on Android?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/CASmcVqVmCg>

Usenet is water under the bridge to me, Vanguard. If you act like an adult
moving forward, I treat you like you are an adult, Vanguard.

I've always been that way.
Ask Carlos, for example.

I treat you like you need to be treated.
Act like an adult and I'll treat you like one.

I'm a mirror of YOU when I respond to you.
Accept that and act like an adult in your next post & watch how I respect
you; but if you provide wrong advice again, that we've covered so many
times that I can't count how many times, then I'll call you out on it.

Not because I care about you. I don't.
I care about the innocent people you are giving the wrong advice to.

You are so detailed you have much more to offer them than wrong advice.

> The OP never divulged just why he wants to remove some apps other than
> mentioning "clutter". Well, deleting shortcuts in screens (or within
> groups) and even hiding them in the Apps Folder suffices for removing
> clutter for unused apps that are normally non-uninstallable. The ADB
> scheme goes beyond just de-cluttering the OP's phone.

I understand you VanguardLH. I truly do. I know you're a racist, for
example, because you judge people by "guessing" _why_ they do things.

That's fine, but racists like you are almost always dead wrong, Vanguard.
Steve is also a racist. I know him even _better_ than I understand you.

Both of you _care greatly_ why they want to delete Google apps.
Me?

I don't care why.
They asked us a question of "how" to delete them.

I concentrated _all_ my responses on answering their question.
I didn't judge their motives like you (and Steve) constantly do.

BTW, it's not that I can't judge their motives, just like I know that both
you and Steve actually mean well, where Steve, unfortunately, is a
political animal so he's always easy to sniff out when he's shilling.

But you're NOT a political animal.
You are truly trying to help.
And I respect that in you.

You are detailed.
Very detailed.

The ONLY problem with you, Vanguard, is you filter out all the facts.
If you didn't filter out all the facts, you wouldn't be so dead wrong.

Again, it's not you I care about.
It's the people whom you give all your wrong advice to I care about.

Bear in mind Usenet is water under the bridge to me, so if you shape up and
actually read before you post, then you won't hear a peep about it from me.

PBAJ

Mar 31, 2023, 3:47:37 PM3/31/23
Thanks to you, mickey and a couple others for your clear and succinct
replies.

I may just hide them, but would prefer they be "dead and gone" - not
sure what Google 'hooks' will remain. Will think it over.

Peter Moylan

Mar 31, 2023, 3:58:17 PM3/31/23
I don't know who Steve or Mayayana is but that sms bloke is the same as
them in that he keeps repeating things which are wrong and he knows they're
wrong but he keeps repeating them anyway for reasons known only to him.

ladb was covered in this newsgroup as I downloaded it when I first read it
here and I didn't need to pay for it. I didn't get it off Google though.

I just used the link that was provided in this newsgroup for the free ladb.
If you run a search you should be able to find it too as it was xda's ladb.
--
Peter Moylan

Nic

Mar 31, 2023, 4:03:11 PM3/31/23
PBAJ wrote:

> I may just hide them, but would prefer they be "dead and gone"

I don't know why some people are using the "-keep" flag but I'd suggest not
keeping cache & data which should make them "dead and gone" from the phone.

adb shell pm uninstall --user 0 com.google.android.{chrome,youtube,gm,apps.maps}

If you search c.m.a archives, you'll see many adb posts about doing this.

PBAJ

Mar 31, 2023, 5:00:45 PM3/31/23
Fine point - thanks.

sms

Mar 31, 2023, 9:58:14 PM3/31/23
I don't see our favorite nym-shifting trolls posts so if it was
previously mentioned I did not see it.

But it is true that you can find a way to get LADB without paying for
it. But it's not on F-Droid and I would be uneasy about downloading it
from unknown sites. The developer said that this was one of his only
paid apps.

Andy Burnelli

Mar 31, 2023, 10:29:57 PM3/31/23
sms wrote:

> I don't see our favorite nym-shifting trolls posts so if it was
> previously mentioned I did not see it.

Jesus Christ. Of course you're ignorant of everything, Steve.
It's who you are.

You know why you or Vanguard have _never_ found a fact from me to be wrong?
Do you?

Do you have any idea why my facts are never wrong? (see footnote in sig).
*It's because I don't choose to filter out relevant facts, Steve*

You do.

It's irritating how often you give dead-wrong advice to innocents, Steve.
Only _because_ you purposefully _choose_ to remain ignorant of all facts.

You _choose_ to be stupid, Steve.
You do it on purpose.

For example, we already covered adb in this very group, Steve.

Yet you're _completely_ ignorant of all facts about it.
<https://i.postimg.cc/436FCYFX/adb31.jpg> Local adb runs on Android

I don't mind Steve filtering out all facts, which is the same sentiment I
told Vanguard, which is I don't care that both of you wish to be ignorant.

What I care about is, as a result of you both wishing to remain ignorant,
you both spew fantastically incorrect garbage - which is often dead wrong.

You're both imbeciles by choice - even as I respect your potential because
both of you "can" handle technical details.

You alone _choose_ to be ignorant.
Your choice of remaining ignorant is why you both end up being stupid.

And I don't care about you two fantastically ignorant imbeciles.

I don't care at all that both of you wish to be imbeciles on purpose.
What I care about is as a result, you both give dead wrong advice.

> But it is true that you can find a way to get LADB without paying for
> it. But it's not on F-Droid and I would be uneasy about downloading it
> from unknown sites. The developer said that this was one of his only
> paid apps.

Of course it's true. I've written about this and I've used it myself.
Which is my point that both of you, Vanguard & Steve, wish to be imbeciles.
<https://i.postimg.cc/7YLhtcZL/adb32.jpg> ladb eliminates the PC

I don't care that you're both imbeciles so please don't get me wrong.
I respect that both of you have the "potential" _not_ to be imbeciles.

Even more to the point, neither of the two of you owns a low IQ.
You're both not stupid by birth.

You're both stupid by design.
That's different.

You can fix that.
You don't have to be an imbecile.

You _choose_ to be an imbecile.

What I care about is both of you give very bad advice _because_ you both
choose to be imbeciles; you're not going to get away with that with me.

Here's just one link for you two imbeciles to bone up on ladb for example.
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/udGDxJVcvxo/m/V3Vs_sjXBQAJ>

And another:
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/5-nzRG-xM4E/m/FORkwNFDCAAJ>

See also:
<https://www.xda-developers.com/debloat-your-phone-run-adb-shell-commands-no-root-no-pc/>
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/say-hello-to-ladb-a-local-adb-shell-without-needing-root-or-a-computer.4204855/>

You should be able to recognize my posts on the XDA-Developers' site.
--
I'm sure I'm wrong sometimes but nobody has ever found my facts to be wrong
because I don't say them unless I have reason to believe they are correct.

Joerg Lorenz

Apr 1, 2023, 2:33:04 AM4/1/23
Am 31.03.23 um 21:47 schrieb PBAJ:
Root your Android-phone or buy an iPhone. A Linux-smartphone would also
be an alternative.

https://tuxphones.com/best-linux-phones-buying-guide-2022/

David E. Ross

Apr 1, 2023, 12:35:22 PM4/1/23
You may be smarter than I am and I don't know how to search the archives
other than the few months back that my nntp provider gives me, so can I ask
you to let us know where to find a free build of this ladb local adb apk?
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Beyond Meat and other such vegetarian meat substitutes
represent the ultimate in ultra-processed foods. Real
meat is natural. Beyond Meat is definitely not.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 1, 2023, 1:28:24 PM4/1/23
David E. Ross wrote:

> You may be smarter than I am and I don't know how to search the archives
> other than the few months back that my nntp provider gives me, so can I ask
> you to let us know where to find a free build of this ladb local adb apk?

There likely isn't any Android package you can't get for free, where if
you're intelligent about it, ladb is legitimately free if you know what I
know - which - I just wrote up in response to your interested query...

*How to use "local" adb wireless-debugging ladb to spoof a PC connection*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/bbVGa-X3Xq4>

Let me know if you need help in finding the legitimate free APK builds.
--
Those who purposefully filter out facts will doom themselves to ignorance.

sms

Apr 1, 2023, 2:10:01 PM4/1/23
https://apkcombo.com/local-adb/com.draco.ladb.free/

Just be careful about APKs from unknown sources. The $2.99 for the
official version is not unreasonable.

Andy Burnelli

Apr 1, 2023, 3:46:14 PM4/1/23
sms wrote:

> https://apkcombo.com/local-adb/com.draco.ladb.free/
>
> Just be careful about APKs from unknown sources. The $2.99 for the
> official version is not unreasonable.

Jesus Christ. That's a stupid idea, Steve. When there are far better.
*Yet again, Steve ignores all facts which is why he's an imbecile.*

Even after all these posts, Steve is _still_ ignorant of the facts!
*How to use "local" adb wireless-debugging ladb to spoof a PC connection*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/bbVGa-X3Xq4>

For God's sake Steve... *STOP GIVING INNOCENT PEOPLE DEAD WRONG ADVICE!*

The developer himself said how to get a valid legit free ladb apk.
And that's the "official version", Steve.

Yes. The one and only official _free_ version from the ladb developer
Tyler Nijmeh (aka tytydraco) whom I've communicated with on this.

The fact we said how and that you still don't know this isn't what bothers
me about you (and Vanguard), Steve as this isn't personal, nor about you.

The fact you're giving atrociously bad advice to others is what I lament.
All only because you purposefully _choose_ to be stupid, Steve.

I don't care that you _choose_ to be an ignorant imbecile, Steve.
*If you would only STOP giving people extremely bad advice.*

If you're intelligent, there are extremely few APKs that are generally
useful that aren't legitimately available for free, if you know how.
--
People like Steve who filter out all facts are doomed to be imbeciles.